I am pumped. Peloton just announced the “Peloton Tread” – which they describe as a ‘private fitness studio in your own home both on and off the treadmill.’ Sounds pretty sweet. I already love the Peloton App and I think it just got even better.
Like the Peloton bike, the Peloton Tread will have a variety of live and on-demand style classes including:
- Total Body training, including circuit and bootcamp-style classes both on and off the treadmill.
- Run classes (of course…its a treadmill) designed for a variety of skill and experience levels.
- Floor workouts including a mix of strength, toning and stretching to complement your fitness routine.
- Walk classes for the low-impact cardio exercise crowd.
The classes will cater to different music tastes, skill and will vary in length from 10 minutes to 60 minutes. I see the “off the bike” classes as an enhancement to the already awesome “Beyond the Ride” classes that Peloton offers. As I mentioned in my earlier Peloton App review, those classes include things like: Cardio, Strength, Stretch, Toning and Yoga.
To enjoy the off the bike workouts you will definitely need to get some weights and an exercise mat. We have both light dumbbells and a heavier set of Bowflex adjustable dumbbells. They both serve a good purpose.
All the bells and whistles about the Peloton Tread are on the One Peloton home page but I will list a few of the cool ones here:
- 32″ HD, fully adjustable touchscreen. Why adjustable? To make visibility easier when off the bike.
- Soundbar. For cranking it to 11.
- Shock Absorbers for the ultimate low-impact running (this means its easy on the knees).
- Speed & Incline knobs just like the treadmills in the gym.
- 10-15 live classes a day with an online archive of on-demand classes.
The treadmill costs $4,000 + delivery and a $39 month subscription fee. Will I buy it? Definitely not – its too expensive for my blood BUT the good news is that you can access all of the Peloton App classes for $12.99/month.
The only question I have is whether or not I will buy an inexpensive treadmill and create a Peloton Alternative like I did with the bike (I have the room, right?) or just access the off-the-treadmill, total body workouts. Only time will tell and I will add a Peloton Tread review when that time comes!
Disclaimer: My Sipping & Shopping blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Products from Amazon.com
Sunny Health & Fitness Portable Treadmill with Auto Incline, LCD, Smart APP and Shock Absorber - SF-T7705Price: $399.99Was: $499.98
Price: Check on Amazon
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill with Auto Incline, Sound System, Bluetooth and Phone FunctionPrice: $429.99Was: $699.99