Holiday savings are here! This is the absolute best time of year to turn your spin bike into a Peloton clone with all of the Peloton App accessories. Normally I would guess that the Peloton bike would be this year’s No. 1 gift; however, with worldwide shipping delays I imagine that you will need to order very early this year. So it may just be the time to find another (and more affordable) spin bike like my old Sunny or my new Keiser M3i.
You can always keep checking Amazon for the deals they are running on Pelotons and accessories.
There are some amazing deals about to drop. So if you are in the market for a spin bike to use at home with the Peloton App, some weights for strength training (which have been difficult to come by during this pandemic), or a heart rate monitor, this is your chance to save big. You may even be able to score a deal on a flat-screen TV for watching the Peloton App on the big screen (like I do).
Tip No. 1. If you see something here that you like, throw it in your shopping cart and adjust your settings to get notices when the prices drop. Flash sales happen all the time.
Of course, if indoor cycling at home is not your thing, there is always my husband’s book Sully the Squirrel Explores Boston!
Deals for Spinning at Home!
Here are some ideas for everything you need to start spinning at home with the Peloton App (which is still only $12.99/mo., by the way!) while saving with Amazon Holiday Deals (Black Friday, etc.). How awesome is that?!
Everything that you need to use your own spin bike with the Peloton App:
- Sunny Bike B1509 – an excellent entry level bike and the one that I started with when I began my Peloton App journey.
- Keiser M3i. After 500 HARD rides on my Sunny I upgraded to a Keiser M3i and gave my Sunny to a friend (who loves it).
- Disco Ball. I bought a disco ball and its awesome! In fact, it is my Number 1 recommended accessory. Seriously! If you have a friend with a bike and do not know what to get them this year, get them this disco balll! So much fun. Here is a quick video of what it looks like.
Wahoo Cadence Sensor – a necessity for tracking cadence if you bike doesn’t come equipped with one . Wahoo Speed Sensor – a nice to have for tracking miles but not an absolute necessity.
Heart Rate Monitor – a calorie and HR tracker. I use it more for the calories than the HR. If you have an Apple Watch, you could use that, too. I’ve switched to the Apple Watch simply because I wear it all day. I used the chest strap for a solid three years.
I later upgraded to this Polar H10 HR Monitor (a bit more expensive).
- TV/Apple TV – for streaming classes to my TV from my iPad; one of several options. See my earlier post for more display ideas.
- Mobile Phone Holder – recommended if you stream classes; not necessary if you view the classes on a tablet, have a handlebar tray or mirror to a TV.
- Tablet Holder – if you view the classes from your tablet and your bike doesn’t have a holder like this Sunny 1805. Just find one that works best for your bike.
More stocking stuffers to consider:
- Seat cushions – two – his and hers (think about it…)
- Cart – for my weights, towel, iPad. Anything will do but this is what I use. Despite the fact that it is on wheels, I never really move it. I wish the shelves were solid because sometimes my pen falls through! And I don’t think this will really fit into a stocking….
- Dumbbells – some of the at home Peloton spin classes incorporate weights and of course, the awesome off the bike strength training requires dumbbells like these.
- Mat – for under the bike.
- Ear buds – if you can’t always crank up your TV.
- Assembly – if you are not mechanically inclined or if you have several flights of stairs, it may be worth it.
- Disinfectant Wipes – I highly recommend these wipes for not just the seat but the frame, handlebars, etc.
- (Audible. Completely optional but sometimes I just like to zone out and listen to audio books while riding).
I hope you find what you are looking for on Amazon’s Black Friday! Remember, to get extra savings you need an Amazon Prime account. There is a 30 day free trial that I provided a link to below (if I did it right, not much of a coder!).
Disclaimer: My Sipping & Shopping blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
WOW! I just found your blog and I adore it! I’ve been using the Peloton app for a few weeks now (30 days free trial) and I’m quickly falling in love with it. I have also taken up spinning which I NEVER thought I would do. I always thought I was too large and too short, but I’ve found a way to adjust the bike at the gym to fit my hobbit like stature. I’ve taken a few live classes, but I wasn’t sure if I was on the attendance and you answered my question in another post. My other… Read more »
Hi Christa79! Thanks so much for the note – it made my day! Like you, I wasn’t sure when I first started with the Peloton App but I quickly fell in love with it and have been evangelizing about it ever since. I am glad that you are having fun with it? Have you tried any of the off the bike classes? Yes, your HR will be shown on your device. Check my post about streaming, mirroring, etc. Re: your last question, I am not if I 100% quite follow. You can high five others that are taking the class… Read more »
I have done yoga, meditation, stretching, and treadmill hikes so far. It’s been great. No matter what I’ve done for exercise, I always finish with stretching and a meditation track. I think it’s really improved my mood.
I’m going to check out your streaming, mirroring, etc, post now. Thanks for the help.
As for my wonky question (LOL), you hit the nail on the head. I would love to hi-5 others.
Great! I am so glad that I could help!