I did it. I bit the bullet, gifted my Sunny Spin Bike (kitted out with Wahoo speed and cadence sensors) to a dear friend and bought a brand new Keiser M3i. It was a big purchase for me and I didn’t do it without a lot of research. I spent weeks deliberating between the Keiser and Peloton. They have very similar price points but in the end I chose the Keiser. Read on to find out why!
My readers are always on the lookout for a quality Peloton resistance conversion chart. A copy of a resistance chart to complete the “Peloton Hack” is probably THE number one request I receive. As I noted in my earlier “How to Measure Resistance with the Peloton App” post, the questions usually sound like this:
- How do I convert Peloton resistance to my Sunny or Keiser M3i?
- Is it worth it to buy these fancy power pedals (pretty cool, check them out!)?
- Is there anything similar to this Wahoo cadence sensor that will measure resistance?
- How do I measure resistance on my Sunny?
- How do I convert Peloton resistance when using my own bike with the Peloton App?
- Should I just give up on life and buy one of these? (Just kidding…)
Read on to learn more about resistance and see various Peloton conversion resistance charts for Sunny, Keiser, Echelon and NordicTrack spin bikes!
I did it! 500 rides with my trusty Sunny Bike and the Peloton App (with the help of a global pandemic…). There were no shoutouts from the Peloton instructors, no balloons or fanfare but just a GIANT sense of accomplishment! I am SO happy to have hit this milestone. I am in the best shape of my life and have found a new community of friends along the way.
Now that I have hit the 500 ride milestone I have decided to upgrade my bike. My Sunny still works great but I have decided to buy something a bit fancier now that I have proven to myself that I am in this for the long haul. Believe me, the Sunny was well worth my initial investment – per my math, it came out to about $0.75 per ride! Not too shabby. Using your own bike with the Peloton App has a lot of advantages, price being one of them.