Here are my top five reasons why I prefer my Keiser M3i bike over a Peloton bike:
1. More realistic cycling experience: Back in the day, I used to cycle outdoors. The Keiser offers a more realistic cycling experience compared to the Peloton bike. It has a flywheel that’s located at the rear of the bike, which gives it a more natural feel when pedaling.
2. Quiet operation: The Keiser is actually quieter than the Peloton because it uses a belt drive system instead of a chain drive. This means you can workout without disturbing others around you.
3. Better durability: Keiser bikes are known for their high quality and durability. They are built to last, and the company offers a 10-year warranty on their bikes. I find that the Peloton is much more wobbly when out of the saddle. Also, while the Peloton screen is awesome I just can only imagine what will happen after a few years of sweating on it and it being violently shaken when out of saddle.
4. Adjustable handlebars: The Keiser has adjustable handlebars, which allows you to customize your riding position for comfort and efficiency. You do not get that with Peloton. 🙁
5. No subscription fees: Unlike the Peloton, a Keiser doesn’t require a subscription to access its classes. You can use any fitness app or online class platform you prefer, making it a more flexible and cost-effective option. As I’ve already posted I use MPaceline to follow cadence cues, etc.
Please add a comment if you have any questions!
Disclaimer: My Sipping & Shopping blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.