UPDATE Summer 2023: Peloton still has NOW made its rowing content available on the Peloton App. Yay! But the app price doubled Boo!!!
UPDATE 2022: It finally happened! Peloton has finally launched its rowing machine! After the delays caused by the pandemic, they’ve finally done it. Hooray!! But it costs more than a treadmill. Booo!!! I’ve reviewed some cheaper options below.
Take a look at this beauty!
The Specs: Like the Bike and the Tread, the Peloton Rower has the same type of touchscreen and will offer classes taught by instructors both in the studio and on the water. Unlike when the Peloton bike first came on the scene, this time Peloton will face some competition with other connected rowing machines already on the market.
- Compact 8′ x 2′ footprint
- Electronically controlled resistance for quiet, perfectly smooth stroke feel
- 23.8″ HD swiveling touchscreen for seamless transitions on and off the mat
- Folding arm for compact upright storage
- Studio-quality sound with front-and rear-facing speakers
- Form Assist highlights ways you can improve your form, so you get better in real time
- Use Form Rating and Insights to track your progress and view your performance
- Access to thousands of classes beyond rowing like strength, yoga, meditation, and more
- See in-class metrics like stroke rate, pace, output, and distance
- Work out alongside other Members and friends on the Leaderboard
The release of the Peloton Rower is not a shock because as I reported just before the pandemic Peloton acquired Tonic Fitness Technology, a company that has been manufacturing Peloton’s high-tech spin bikes for a bunch of years. And Tonic had filed a patent application for a high-tech indoor rowing machine with the U.S. Patent Office.
Piecing that all together…
My Peloton Bike Hack! How I saved $2,400 by using the Peloton App with a less expensive bike! Learn how…
After several years in business, a BIG shakeup in management and in an effort to rekindle the sales magic that it had during the pandemic, Peloton has finally started selling bikes, clothes and accessories on Amazon. Can the bras and tights be any cuter?
Are you considering getting your significant other a Peloton exercise bike for Valentine’s Day? What a great idea! While prices are down for first-generation Pelotons, there are still other options to consider.
And if you are reading my blog, you are probably looking for a cheaper alternative to the Peloton. I get it – you may not be able to afford to buy a Peloton bike and/or want to pay its $39 monthly fee. I didn’t want to, that is for sure. That is where the genius of their Peloton App comes into play. For only $12.99 per month, you can access all of the same live and on-demand classes on your own bike. Brilliant. There are a bunch of other bikes out there that can be paired with the Peloton App. I tried a bunch before I bought my Sunny and here is what I found.
The most frequent questions I get about using the Peloton App
with my Sunny Bike
are about how to measure resistance. The questions generally go something like this:
- Is there anything similar to the Wahoo cadence sensor that will measure resistance?
- Should I buy these power pedals? (tip, these pedals are expensive but if you put them in your Amazon cart you will receive a notification when they run their flash sales where you can sometimes save up to 75%)
- How do I convert Peloton resistance when using my own bike with the Peloton App (conversion charts below).
- Is knowing your resistance worth the extra money to buy the Peloton bike?
- How do I measure resistance on my Sunny?
- How do I convert Peloton resistance to my Sunny, Keiser M3i, Echelon or NordicTrack?
- Why didn’t you just buy a Peloton?
My answer is always the same. Let go of not knowing. Work hard. Get sweaty. Let your fitness do the talking (and BUY THIS disco ball to bring some excitement to your workouts!). I chalk it up to FOMO (fear of missing out). But if you absolutely, positively need to know your Peloton resistance, I have some advice with several resistance charts at the bottom:
What works for me?
Here it is – this year’s No. 1 Peloton App Accessory! Plenty of pictures and videos below.
Whether you are shopping for someone that needs a little more fun spinning at home or you are looking to spice up your spin life, this gadget is a no-brainer!
Very exciting news! I got my 1st shout-out from Miss Ally Love during my 250th ride with the Peloton App. I normally only take on-demand classes but with such a milestone, I rolled the dice, crossed my fingers and took a live class hoping to hear my screen name.
Half-way through the class, I was delighted to hear Ally exclaim, “MomJeans1973. 250th on the App. What’s up?!”