I get a lot of emails asking me to respond with a simple list of all the bits and bobs needed to use the Peloton App with your own spin bike (meaning, without the actual Peloton bike). Well, in addition to replying to those emails, I thought that I would post my advice here, too.
Of course, my detailed review of the Peloton App with all the lovely pictures and videos can be found in my super popular Peloton Alternative post!
Here is my list
- Sunny Bike B1509/C (a nice entry level bike)
- Wahoo Cadence Sensor (a necessity)
- Wahoo Speed Sensor (nice to have for tracking miles)
- Wahoo Heart Rate Monitor (calorie and HR tracker)
- Wahoo App (to view and store your cadence, speed and calories)
- TV/Apple TV ( I stream classes to my TV from my iPad. You can also mirror)
- Mobile Phone Holder (Recommended if you stream classes like me; not necessary if you view the classes on a tablet or mirror to TV).
- Tablet Holder. (If you view the classes from your tablet and your bike doesn’t have one like this Sunny 1805).
- Seat cushions (two – his and hers)
- Dumbbells (some classes incorporate arm workouts)
- Cart (for my weights, towel, iPad)
- Mat (for under the bike)
- Ear buds (if you can’t crank up your TV)
- Assembly (if you are not mechanically inclined)
- Disinfectant Wipes (I highly recommend these wipes for not just the seat but the frame, handlebars, etc.)
- Audible. (Completely optional but sometimes I just like to zone out and listen to audio books while riding).
I hope that this is helpful! If I left anything out, please let me know and I will update the list.
Here is a shot of what it looks like when I mirror to my TV.
Tip: If you are on the fence about buying a spin bike and all the accessories (or converting your existing bike into a Peloton), I suggest adding items to your cart and wait – sometimes Amazon has flash sales and price drops that you can take advantage of (but make sure your account is set to send you alerts).
Disclaimer: My Sipping & Shopping blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.